We know D.C. Get our free newsletter to stay in the know.
Our daily roundup of sex & gender in the District and beyond.
* Via Feministe: Taking your children to vote with you is adorable; homeless voters find obstacles at the polls.
* Slate‘s Trey Patterson remembers MTV video countdown”Total Request Live”, set to take a “hiatus” this November:
TRL‘s signature moment came to pass one Thursday in July of 2001, when pop diva Mariah Carey dropped in unexpectedly. She entered pushing a cart filled with ice-cream treats, wore a pair of shorts connoting assertive depravity, and gave voice to existential frustrations: “You’re my therapy session right now, Carson.” Her behavior was sufficiently erratic that the crowd couldn’t squeal for it with any real consistency.
* Meanwhile, Meghan McCain blogs her “Last Call with Carson Daly” experience on McCain Blogette.
* Elsewhere on Slate, Josh Patner recaps fashion week‘s “re-envisioning” of the “American woman.
* Jezebel updates you on the aftermath of DJ AM and Travis Barker’s plane crash: exes Mandy Moore and Shanna Moakler at bedsides; Lindsey Lohan and Samantha Ronson blog; Jamie Kennedy, Lauren Conrad, and Kathy Griffin sound off.
* Via BYT via Gawker: Anderson Cooper’s (alleged) lovers: a primer.
* The New Gay CANNOT CONTROL THE VOLUME OF ITS VOICE.