Do you have a plan to vote?
Let us tell you the information you need to register and cast a ballot in D.C.
The GLLU, MPD’s Gay and Lesbian Liason Unit, serves the District’s Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender communities. Last week in police activity related to the GLBT community:
* On September 19, GLLU responded to a call from a Maryland man who claimed that his ex-boyfriend had stalked him, and in the process caused “damage to the victim’s personal and work vehicle, the vehicle of a friend and also the victim’s home.”
* On September 18, an intoxicated person was arrested in Adams Morgan after yelling “racial and homophobic epithets at pedestrians, as well as making physical threats towards them.”
* On September 19, police responded to a complaint from a 15-year-old student at the Model Secondary School for the Deaf, who “was complaining he was sexually assaulted by another male student three weeks prior to reporting the incident to his mother.”
* On September 20, police responded to reports of an assault in the Dupont Circle area. The victim claimed to have been “attacked by his former boyfriend at a local bar,” suffering injuries that “did not require medical attention.”
* Later that day, police arrived at a hospital in response to sexual assault claims from a 21-year-old male. The patient claimed that the night before, he “was rendered unconscious by an unknown means and ended up in the rear of a residence,” where he “believes he may have been the victim of a sexual assault.”
* On September 21, a “semi-conscious” man was found at the corner of 8th St and Florida Ave. NW., the apparent victim of a hit-and-run. There is no description of the suspect, whose vehicle is described as a “brown or burgundy Mazda.”
Read the complete GLLU blotter after the jump.
On 9/17/08, a resident of Maryland contact the GLLU to seek advise regarding the stalking behavior of his ex-boyfriend. According to the male caller, the suspect had caused damage to the victim’s personal and work vehicle, the vehicle of a friend and also the victim’s home. Since all offenses occurred in the state of Maryland, the victim was referred to the Maryland States Attorney’s Office and his local police department for assistance.
On Thursday, 9/18/08, at approximately 11:30 p.m., members of the Third District were summoned to a disorderly person in the 2400 block of 18th Street, N.W. Upon arriving on the scene, they located the suspect, who was highly intoxicated. The suspect was yelling racist and homophobic epithets at pedestrians, as well as making physical threats towards them. The suspect was arrested and the crime was classified as a potential hate/bias crime based upon race and sexual orientation.
On Friday, 9/19/08, members of the Fifth District responded the Model Secondary School for the Deaf, on the campus of Gallaudet University, for the call for a sexual assault. Upon arriving on the scene, the learned that a 15 year old male student was complaining he was sexually assaulted by another male student three weeks prior to reporting the incident to his mother. Members of the Youth Investigations Branch and Deaf and Hard of Hearing Liaison Unit are investigating.
On 9/20/08, at approximately 2 a.m., members of the Second District responded to the area of 33rd and M Streets, N.W. for the report of an assault. Upon arrival, they located the victim, who stated he was attacked by his former boyfriend at a local bar, in the area of 22nd and P Streets, N.W. The suspect was no longer on the scene and a warrant for his arrest will be obtained. The victim suffered minor injuries and did not require medical attention.
On 9/20/08, at approximately 3 p.m., members of the Second District responded to a local hospital for the complaint of a sexual assault. Upon arrival, a 21 year old male complained that on 9/19/08 sometime between 1 a.m. and 3:30 a.m., he was rendered unconscious by an unknown means and ended up in the rear of a residence in the 1700 block of R Street, N.W. The victim believes he may have been the victim of a sexual assault. Members of the Metropolitan Police Department’s Sexual Assault Investigations Unit are investigating his allegation.
In the early morning hours of 9/21/08, a male was located in a semi-conscious state at the intersection of 8th Street and Florida Avenue, N.W. The investigation revealed the male was crossing outside the crosswalk, when he was struck by a vehicle traveling eastbound in the 800 block of Florida Avenue, N.W. The vehicle fled the scene without the driver making his/her identity known or rendering assistance to the injured pedestrian. The vehicle is described as a brown or burgundy Mazda. There is not a description of the operator or a license plate number. The victim was treated and released from a local hospital.