We know D.C. Get our free newsletter to stay in the know.
* Slate asks: Why didn’t Columbus get smote by God struck by lightning when crossing the Atlantic?
* Via Feminist Daily News: New Oklahoma lawsuit challenges mandatory ultrasound before abortion.
* Sarah Palin goes on offensive abortion offensive [via Time].
* Barack Obama is to Osama Bin Laden as Chairman of the Virginia Republican Party is to a majestic unicorn.
* Stereogum directs you to Sarah Silverman‘s sad playlist—-music to schlep to.
Photo by freeparking