As fires raged in Southern California, protesters around the world gathered to voice their opposition to California’s Prop 8.
* Flickr user Grant Gochnauer snaps this great sign from a Chicago protest (above).
* The L.A. Times details a 1992 Colorado battle against an anti-anti-discrimination amendment that suggests how the fight in California might proceed.
* Jezebel also collected Prop 8 protest photos from readers across the country.
* D.C. protest attendee Paula Brooks came angry and left hopeful.
* In pro-Prop 8 news: D.L. Hughley hits the radio to explain why he is “against the gay lifestyle.” He was a guest on the Tom Joyner Morning Show last week.
* Meanwhile, Michelle Malkin keeps her eye on Prop 8 protests to watch for “blacklisting, harassment, and intimidation” by protesters.
* Tiger Beatdown sounds off on homophobia in Ohio.
Submit more Prop 8 protest news in the comments.