Do you know D.C.?
Get our free newsletter to stay in the know about local D.C.
Now that the annual family event known as Thanksgiving—-or as I like to call it, “Chinese food and Jean-Claude Van Damme Day”—-is over, we now look to the future (“Christmas”). Some reading material for times you’re not buying things:
* Get ready for World Aids Day: the Whitman-Walker clinic will hold a vigil on Monday, Dec. 1 at Anacostia’s Bethlehem Baptist Church.
* In the Blade: Will D.C.’s black population support a District gay marriage initiative?
* Gender Goggles thinks Pixar should animate more females.
* Not going to the inauguration? Want to marry this guy instead?
* Tiger Beatdown revisits Valley of the Dolls.
Photo by riptheskull.