Sign up for our free newsletter
Free D.C. news, delivered to your inbox daily.
* DCist reviews Tuesday night’s Stella show, reflects on the obsessive cult of Stella that filled 6th & I to hang with three comedian strangers they like to consider their “surreal pals.” Meanwhile, Michael Showalter is my favorite!!!1
* Via New York Times: What it feels like for a girl. Or boy, depending on where you’re starting from.
* Tiger Beatdown tries to quit smoking, discovers strange withdrawal symptoms: Temper tantrums. A state of near paralysis. Feelings of being an infant.
* Man About Town D.C. writes about the efforts of local gay activists to “connect with Black groups and leaders” in preparation for a D.C. gay marriage initiative, and makes a good point on the Prop 8 blame game:
the Black vote fixation was myopic. Apparently, some people didn’t realize that upward of 80% of Republicans, conservatives, white evangelicals, and weekly churchgoers also voted yes on Prop. 8. The initiative would have passed, albeit barely, even if not a single African-American had shown up at the polls. Besides, Mormons pumped $20 million into the “Yes on 8” campaign, so it’s safer to say they really tipped the scales.
* Via Talking Points Memo: The Senate’s trying to negotiate past a Constitutional clause that some say prevents Clinton from taking the Secretary of State post—-by offering to cut the Secretary’s salary.
Photo by Caveman 92223.