We know D.C. Get our free newsletter to stay in the know.
* Something for everybody! While Barack Obama gets his inauguration on, D.C. will also play host to annual pro-life Roe v. Wade protest the March for Life and the Mid-Atlantic Leather Weekend.
* In case this inauguration date isn’t up your alley: Check out the other dudes seeking dates on Craigslist.
* Via the Washington Blade: Lou Chibbaro Jr. on last Thursday’s apparent hate crime inside Southeast’s Hong Kong Delite Carry Out.
* Pam’s House Blend has videos and photos from this weekend’s Gay and Lesbian Leadership Conference.
* In yesterday’s Washington Post Magazine “XX Files”: Wanda E. Fleming writes about surrendering to her surgeon after a cancer diagnosis and having her thyroid—-and bra—-removed:
She leads me to the operating table then suddenly whispers in a perfectly audible voice, “Oh, no! Why do you still have your bra on?” The attendants laugh, all three of them. Clueless, I join in. . . . She unhooks the back with the ease of a seasoned lingerie fitter. The confiscated item is pink with white lace, frilly and hopeful like something one might wear the night of a milestone anniversary. I clutch the back of my hospital gown and lie atop the table.
Photo via trialsanderrors.