We know D.C. Get our free newsletter to stay in the know.

The GLLU, MPD’s Gay and Lesbian Liason Unit, serves the District’s Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender communities. Last week in police activity related to the GLBT community—including some very intoxicated calls to the police—below.

* Spit take. Sun., Jan. 11. A man contacted the GLLU to report an assault that occured a week earlier—-as he was walking his dog, a man “approached him and called him a homophobic name.” The man then “spat at the victim, but did not strike him.”

* Federal offense. Tue., Jan. 6. A male employee of the Federal Government contacted the GLLU to report verbal assault from a female Fed. The employee alleged “homophobic taunts, language and threats” from the woman in a government meeting. The incident was also reported to the Federal Protective Service (FPS).

* Because, why not. Wed., Jan. 7. at noon. “A Moroccan male walked into the Gay and Lesbian Liaison office to report the loss of his passport.”

* Delayed reaction. Thu., Jan. 8. A Mount Peasant resident called the GLLU for help with an incident he reported last March. Last spring, he reported being “assaulted and called homophobic names by a contractor working at this neighbor’s home.” Now, he’s “not been satisfied with the progress of the investigation.” Police are re-investigating the matter

* “I’m so clumsy. I just fell down the stairs.” Thu., Jan. 8, at 12:30 a.m. Officers arrive on the scene to find two men. One was “suffering from an injury to his leg.” The men, “former intimate partners,” began arguing. A physical struggle ensued, ending in “the victim falling over the stairway railing.” The GLLU reports that “An affidavit in support of an arrest warrant will be presented to the United States Attorney’s Office.”

* Get out of my dreams, and also out of my car. Sat., Jan. 10, at 1:45 a.m.. A man “met another male inside a club” at 21st and P Streets. He “departed with that male inside the male’s vehicle” before realizing his “wallet containing credit cards and U.S. currency . . . was missing from his pocket.” The other man fled the scene, but was located by police and arrested.

* You can take the prostitute off the street, but . . . Sat., Jan. 10. 2:30 a.m. Police officers were dispatched to a bus station on First and K Streets NE for a possible prostitution call. There, they “observed a group of five to eight individuals, all of whom appeared to be members of the Transgender community, walking back-and-forth along the sidewalk and across the street.” The group was asked to leave, and did. At 3:15 a.m., police were again dispatched to the area, where they found the same group. “Upon observing the marked police vehicles approaching the area, the individuals fled on foot and did not return to the area.”

* I drink with you most of the day because I love you. Sat., Jan. 10 at 8:30 p.m. Police arrived at a NE apartment for a possible assault call. There, an “investigation revealed the couple had been consuming alcoholic beverages most of the day and became involved in a verbal altercation.” One of the men “barricaded himself in the bedroom.” The other entered through a window and proceeded to punch and kick the man, and the suspect entered through a window. Once inside, the suspect punched and kicked the victim.” Unsurprisingly, “there is a history of violence between these two individuals.”

* Robbed: Any memory of this happening. Sun., Jan. 11 at 3 a.m. Police responded to 17th & R Streets for the call of a robbery. Here’s what happened:

Upon arrival, officers were unable to locate the caller, however during a search of the area; they located an adult male at 17th and Q Streets, N.W. The male was extremely intoxicated and advised officers he had called 9-1-1. While being interviewed the caller was difficult due to his insobriety. It was determined no robbery or other offense had occurred. There were no signs of injury to the male and he appeared to have all his personal property. The male was transported by an officer to his apartment in the neighborhood. Later that day, the caller was re-interviewed by a member of the GLLU. The caller advised he could not recall contacting 9-1-1 earlier that day.

Photo by Tambako the Jaguar.