We know D.C. Get our free newsletter to stay in the know.
Vasile Graure,the 38-year-old Arizona truck driver convicted of setting fire to Glover Park strip club Good Guys last year, will be sentenced today by Judge Robert I. Richter. As I reported in November, Graure was convicted on thirteen counts—including assault with intent to kill, assault with a dangerous weapon, arson, and mayhem. At that time, the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia provided some information about the statutory maximum sentences for each of Graure’s charges:
– Assault With Intent to Kill While Armed (three counts): 30 years per count
– Assault With a Dangerous Weapon (four counts): 10 years per count
– Aggravated Assault While Armed: 30 years
– Mayhem While Armed: 30 years
– Arson: 10 years
– Burglary II While Armed (two counts): 30 years per count
– Felony Destruction of Property: 10 years
I’ll update later today with Richter’s decision. Until then, you can read my comprehensive trial coverage here. It was a doozy.