* UNSURPRISINGLY: Sarah Palin supports regulations allowing “concealed weapons in national parks and wildlife refuges,” reports the News-Miner. In a letter, Palin’s office stated that “the possession and use of firearms are critical to urban and rural hunters in Alaska.” Urban hunters? I think we have some of those in Washington, D.C., too!
* YOUR FRIDAY BUMMER: “Gov. Palin cuts funding for state veterans cemetery.” Sen. Joe Thomas says “he was troubled to see funding still in place for warm storage buildings and other projects instead.” What would you have her do, Joe—-pry the warm storage buildings from the cold dead hands of Alaskan veterans?
* $18,000: Amount of back-taxes owned by Palin for per diems claimed while living in her own home: “Gov. Sarah Palin must pay back taxes on nearly $18,000 in expenses she charged the state for living in her home outside Anchorage instead of at the state capital, officials said Wednesday.” Palin: Now just like the Dems!
* NOW: GIVING FREE FOOD TO OTHERS, TOO? “Governor Sarah Palin is heading to western Alaska tomorrow, to help deliver food to families in Marshall and Russian Mission. The trip is being organized by the faith-based nonprofit Samaritan’s Purse.”
* POST-BRISTOL, Greta Van Susteren follows-up with another completely inane interview, this time with Bill Clinton. WJC and GVS talked “stimulus and Hillary’s singing, and about Clinton’s just-announced initiative to fight childhood obesity, which dovetails with his own experience as a chubby kid.” Greta Van Susteren: I cannot watch but I cannot look away!
* PALIN HITS 1600 PENN! She’ll be hosted at the White House for the first time since the administration change-over this Sunday for the 2009 Governor’s Dinner.
* FIRST DUDE WINTER SPORTS CORNER: The Palins’ tax returns reveal the financial deets on Todd Palin‘s snowmachine “business.” According to ABC, “His snow machine racing business grossed $17,000 but home office expenses meant that he claimed a net loss of $10,000.” Hey, Todd, I have a “business” I lose money on, too: Casual drinking.
RUINING YOUR PALIN SEX FANTASY: The First Dude. “But even if that unlikely scenario were to occur, it would very quickly be destroyed by the entrance of flannel-wearing, oil-drilling, dog-racing, salmon-fishing testosterone-pumping Northern Man that is Todd Palin. He’d throw his burly frame right through the door without even bothering to check if it’s locked and proceed to kick seven kinds of shit out of me, Alaska-style. So there’s really no good that can come from a night with Palin.”
Photo by email@example.com