The GLLU, MPD’s Gay and Lesbian Liason Unit, serves the District’s Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender communities. This week in the GLLU’s crime log—including a man who’s so pissed he had sex with a male prostitute that he turned himself in—below.
* NO REFUNDS. THURSDAY, FEB. 19 at 2 a.m. Police responded to a call for robbery in the 4100 block of 14th Street NW. A man had “visited a known house of prostitution.” There, “he engaged in consensual sex acts with a member of the transgender community.” Here comes the good part: “Upon realizing he had been involved sexually with a biological male, the caller demanded his money be returned. When the service provider refused, he called police.” No report was taken, but MPD promises “a follow-up investigation.”
* CRIED STAB FRIDAY, FEB. 20 at 4 p.m. Police arrived at an apartment at the 1300 block of Euclid Street NW for an aggravated assault call. They found several people inside “who identified themselves as members of the transgender community.” One of them “claimed another attempted to stab her with a knife and stole money from her.” The others “disputed the victim’s claim.”
* EPITHET ENDURANCE. SATURDAY, FEB. 21 at 12 a.m. Officers responded to the 1700 block of 17th Street NW for a property destruction call. They stopped the suspect, a “27-year-old black male.” “Highly intoxicated.” Witnesses reported that he had “entered a bar” and “threatened customers, while using racist and homophobic epithets.” When he was thrown out, he entered the bar next door. Did the same thing. Was removed again. Then, he tried something different—-“Once outside, he picked up a metal pole and a brick and was trying to damage parked vehicles and signs.” The man “was arrested and charged with Felonious Threats with a Hate/Bias (Sexual Orientation and Race) overtone.”
* DRINKING TO FORGET. SATURDAY, FEB. 21 at 1:30 a.m. Police responded to the 2100 block of P Street NW for an injury. There, they “located a male suffering from a serious laceration to his head and heavily intoxicated.” Ut-oh: “Neither the victim nor witnesses could advise how the injuries resulted.” He was taken to a hospital.
* TRANS-FER OF FUNDS. SATURDAY, FEB 21 at 11:30 p.m. A transgender woman contacted policy on a robbery charge. She told officers that “she was propositioned by a male suspect, but refused his advances.” The suspect then “grabbed her and stole an undetermined amount of money from her.” He was arrested.
* BRICK OUST. SUNDAY, FEB. 22 at 12:45 a.m. Police responded to a bar in the 1100 block of 8th Street SE. Two male suspects had been asked to leave. They hadn’t. So “bar staff had to physically remove the suspects from the bar,” prompting both men to “assault the bar employees by punching them and throwing a brick at them.” The men were arrested.
* OSCAR BASH. SUNDAY, FEB. 22. at 9:30 P.M. Officers responded to a bar at the 2100 block of P Street NW for an assault call. Employees told officers they’d been forced to remove a man from a bar who “was yelling at other customers and using racist and homophobic language.” The 86-ed patron also contacted cops: He told them “he was assaulted by bar employees.” Hmm. “There were no witnesses or evidence to support the victim’s claim.”
* CRUISE MISSES. MONDAY, FEB. 23. The mother of a teenage boy contacted the GLLU. She’s recovering from a killer snooping session, in which she found that “her son is engaging in on-line sexual cruising with men much older then he and meeting these men for sexual liaisons.” One of the older men is insatiable: She says he “is contacting the son inappropriately and will not stop.”
Photo by otisarchives1