Sign up for our free newsletter
Free D.C. news, delivered to your inbox daily.
Still goin’ strong: Limbaugh on Donahue in 1991
* OMFG. Some dude posits: “While the mainstream media continues to ridicule the Alaskan Governor I continue to insist she has a lock on the rank and file base and far-fetched as it seems, Rush Limbaugh on a Palin ticket would be a potent political marriage of populists.” He goes on to write: “I have never actually listened to his program.”
* SARAH PALIN IS CALLING YOUR MOM: Last week, the Governor “voiced support for legislation (H.B. 35, S.B. 6) that would require parental consent for a minor to receive an abortion in the state.” Alaska passed another parental consent act in 1997, which was subsequently overturned by the Alaska Supreme Court ten years later. In 2007, “The court said the parental consent requirement was unconstitutional because it infringed on pregnant teenagers’ right to reproductive freedom.” Since then, a Palin appointee has been ushered in who might tip the balance.
* AWWW. Palin used to be shy! (according to some dudes). “She wanted to be a good girl and play by the rules. She wasn’t someone who was trying to break new ground or argue about things or voice an opinion. In a way she was almost a wallflower type.” Even the lady who did Sarah’s hair for the Miss Alaska pageant in 1984 weighs in on this one. “I kind of worried about how she would do up there on stage. . . You have to have a certain go-get-’em to get up there and stand up for yourself, and she came across as such a shy, sweet girl.”
* FIRST DUDE WINTER SPORTS CORNER: Some lady is recording for posterity, through her “Blogger” account, “Why Mommy Is a Republican.” This edition shows of “Why Mommy Is a Republican” shows photos of Todd Palin on a snow machine and Sarah Palin speaking into a microphone, near snow machines. Hot people near cold machinery: This is why mommy is a Republican, today.
* DUH. Dude who wrote entire biography on Sarah Palin reportedly “impressed” with her. DOUBLE DUH: Lorenzo Benet “suggests” that”If the economy hadn’t tanked, this election probably would have been a bit closer.”
* HOT LEVI JOHNSTON SITE!!!1 I thought that this blog, titled “I’d Get With Levi Johnston,” would be a lighthearted chronicle of how Bristol Palin made a bad move with the right dude. Instead it’s just re-posts of that John McCain photo where his tongue is sticking out and he looks like he’s about to grab Obama’s ass, last updated in October. Bummer.
* PALIN SUPPORTERS PRE-SMEARING JINDAL? Dan Gilgoff on US News, says it’s so: Some pro-Palin commenters, who never ever come off as extremists, are already begining to run the old the-other-guy-is-Muslim play on Catholic volcano denier and possible 2012 rival Gov. Bobby Jindal:
I’m surprised that a few comments on my post about Bobby Jindal as the new face of Christian conservatism allege that he’s got ancestral Muslim roots, in addition to the acknowledged Hinduism of his Indian born parents. Remind you of any other recent rumor campaigns against promising young minority politicians?
What’s surprising is that some of the comments appear to be from pro-Sarah Palin conservatives. They’re a likely preview of what a Jindal primary faceoff with Palin or another Christian conservative might look like, with both vying for conservative Christian support.
Photo by Eddie~S