And yet, those who provide them never get any love.
Today is National Day of Appreciation for Abortion Providers.
Yes, but how? Five ways to appreciate, after the jump:
5. Refrain from bombarding their homes and offices with death threats.
4. Revisit Patricia Meisol‘s Washington Post Magazine piece on med student Lesley Wojick‘s difficult choice: To be an abortion provider, or not to be an abortion provider. Spoiler alert: While I’m sure she’s a nice girl, nobody is explicitly requsting that you appreciate Lesley Wojick today.
3. Check out President Obama‘s proposed rescission of President Bush‘s “conscience rule,” and send Health and Human Services a comment in support. Or against, if you don’t appreciate the National Day of Appreciation for Abortion Providers.
2. Write to the ACLU’s Reproductive Freedom Project, co-sponsor of National Day of Appreciation for Abortion Providers, and suggest they spring for a shorter name next year to aid in appreciation.
1. Get them something nice, mmkay?
Photo by NCinDC.