Do you have a plan to vote?
Let us tell you the information you need to register and cast a ballot in D.C.
We can't make City Paper without you
Vasile Graure, the Arizona truck driver convicted of setting fire to Glover Park strip club Good Guys in 2007, will be sentenced tomorrow morning at 9:30 a.m. The sentencing has been postponed several times already this year. Maybe tomorrow, we’ll finally get it over with.
On November 20, 2008, Graure was convicted of the following charges:
– Three counts of assault with intent to kill while armed
– Four counts of assault with a dangerous weapon
– One count of aggravated assault while armed
– One count of mayhem while armed
– Two counts of burglary in the second degree while armed
– One count of arson
– One count of felony destruction of property
Here’s what he could face on those charges: – Assault With Intent to Kill While Armed (three counts): 30 years per count
– Assault With a Dangerous Weapon (four counts): 10 years per count
– Aggravated Assault While Armed: 30 years
– Mayhem While Armed: 30 years
– Arson: 10 years
– Burglary II While Armed (two counts): 30 years per count
– Felony Destruction of Property: 10 years
Photo by Darrow Montgomery