We know D.C. Get our free newsletter to stay in the know.
Last week on the Sexist, we took a look at the role of consent in the context of porn, bad undergraduate sex columns, false accusations, and the work of Tucker Max. A retrospective:
1. False Rape Accusations and Rape Culture, in which people who care about rape and people who care about false rape claims should fight on the same side.
2. The Anatomy of a Tucker Max Joke, in which [Tucker Max] + [charges of misogyny] = [pageviews]
3. You’re Drunk. It’s Inside You. It Kind of Hurts. Is It Rape? In which American University’s back-to-school sex column gets off to a very slut-shaming start.
4. Victims Vs. Sluts: Hofstra’s False Rape and the Media. In which the Hofstra accuser is a liar, but she’s called a “whore.” What?
5. Name That Consent Porn! In which Backseat Bangin’: The Honda Accord is totally up for grabs, pornographers!