Sign up for our free newsletter
Free D.C. news, delivered to your inbox daily.
Last week on the Sexist, Rihanna came back but stayed silent on domestic violence. The Freakonomics guys can come back once they’ve tried out prostituting themselves for a living. And we wish “No Homo” would just go away:
1. Why Is Rihanna Expected to Be a Feminist Icon?, or, according to commenter Genesis, “FEMINIST ICON MY ASS.”
2. Sexist Beatdown: The Happy Hooker, Or Why Doesn’t Steven Levitt Suck Dick for a Living?, in which we predict the next installment in Freakonomics: “WHY AREN’T LEVITT AND DUBNER JOINTLY FELLATING YOU RIGHT NOW: A FREAKONOMIC ANALYSIS.”
3. How Censoring “No Homo” Will Help Hip-Hop: by making everything a lot more gay.
4. D.C. Has Lowest Marriage Rate in Country, Largest Percentage of Same-Sex Couples, in which a quaint little post on the virtues of same-sex marriage inspired accusations of D.C. apartheid.
5. In Defense of D.C.’s Domestic Partnerships, in which same-sex marriage is great, but marriage still kinda sucks.
Photo by Powerhouse Museum Collection