Do you have a plan to vote?
Let us tell you the information you need to register and cast a ballot in D.C.
Last we checked in with Dr. Ruth Jacobs, president of the Maryland Citizens for Responsible Government, she was explaining why transgender women should not be allowed in her bathroom: “If somebody with an opposite body part is allowed in to a ladies’ restroom—a guy who has a penis, who could put his penis inside my vagina—what am I to do?” Jacobs said. “We need to be able to retain the right to speak up about men in our bathrooms without being labeled bigots.”
Okay! Well, now Dr. Jacobs is back to apply her anatomical expertise to the issue of gay marriage. Let’s see what she has to say!
Thanks to Metro Weekly for getting this all on tape. Here are the money quotes:
* “An anus was designed for exit, not entrance.”
* “Who will protect the children?”
* “Once it becomes law, you cannot opt out . . . students are terrified to be taken out of sex ed. They get on their knees and beg to their parents to be included. Because, to be outside is to be labeled the conservative. To go to the library while everyone else is in class having sex ed, means that you then—-when you refuse to go to sex ed, you then become the group that is discriminated against.”
* “46 percent of black men . . . are HIV positive” (No).
* Marriage and the vagina and the penis are designed to go together, and the penis and the anus do not.”
* And a dose of reality courtesy of Councilmember David Catania: “If your testimony is that you’re only eligible to marry if your population has a low HIV rate, the first in line . . . are lesbians. So based on your testimony, we could only marry lesbians.”