Last week on the Sexist,
1. Ask Amy Responds to Rape Criticism. She Still Doesn’t Get It, in which Amy Dickinson digs the rape apology hole a little bit deeper (see below).
2. The Top 5 Pseudo-Feminist Anthems, in which calling yourself a “bitch” doesn’t automatically earn you a spot in the Girl Power Hall of Fame, Meredith Brooks.
3. Sarah Palin Supporters Talk Feminism, in which Sarah is hailed as an icon in women’s empowerment for not “speaking planned speech.”
4. Ask Amy to Reader: “How Dare You Call Me a Rape Apologist”, in which Dickinson seriously reconsiders her previous assumptions about law students.
5. Dr. Laura’s Feminist Guide to Gifting, in which women are allowed to have jobs outside the home . . . as long as they spend their free time furiously weaving holiday baskets until they collapse in sweet exhaustion.
Photo via Powerhouse Museum Collection