Sign up for our free newsletter
Free D.C. news, delivered to your inbox daily.
My baby mouth was turned down, exactly like my fourth grade mouth, exactly like my mouth right now. That’s because that’s the neutral position for my mouth. . . . People have hassled me about this for pretty much my entire life and it got worse after I incurred some facial nerve damage. . . . And I’m constantly told to smile. By complete strangers in the street. By ‘friends.’ When I worked in retail, by customers.
* Heartless Doll’s Kiara Kazebee spies a Boy Scouts Merit Badge for gaming, and she wants girls to have one too.
* Rediscover Sassy with Tavi of Style Rookie, who is reading the magazine for the first time. Rejoice at the Hilary Clinton = Courtney Love item. Recoil at the presence of Uggs in a fashion magazine from the early 90s. Take an unnatural interest in Thurston Moore‘s dating advice for tween girls.
* Important announcement: Cara at the Curvature is so fucking good at what she does.
* Susannah Breslin gets the weirdest fan mail. This one ends: “So, to make a long story short… I think you are great as you do get to speak Susannah’s voice out of its silence. Woman… you are the man!!!”
* On Yes Means Yes!, how to bring the BDSM concept of the “safecall” to vanillas.
Photo from Sassy, via iluvrhinestones, Creative Commons Attribution License 2.0