Do you have a plan to vote?
Let us tell you the information you need to register and cast a ballot in D.C.
* On mannequins, and us:
“It’s not that big of a leap to go to a window mannequin from ‘The Real Housewives of Orange County,’ ” said Simon Doonan, the creative director of Barneys New York.
* Jaclyn Friedman responds to CNN’s butchering of an interview she granted to the network, which turned her from an “advocate for women’s sexual power” and into a “sex scold”:
When I think about the mainstream media’s victim-blaming, I’m reminded of that old Palmolive ad: You’re soaking in it. The “Bad Girls” story, in which young women who drink and are sexual are victims of their own bad decisions and must be educated into safety, and in which male predators are treated as inevitable forces we can do nothing to stop, has been told so many times that it seems not only true, but like the only possible true thing. Most people don’t even think of it as a viewpoint, at least no more than they think of gravity as really weighing them down. CNN employees certainly aren’t immune to this phenomenon.
* The Abortioneers on a “little-known, seldom-advertised device” for getting non-pregnant: The Ipaas manual vacuum aspirator. It hums less loudly than your regular aspirator!
* Submit to an upcoming anthology about feminism and mental health.
* Jezebel points us to this Maxim chart of how men and women take shits in public differently. But can innate differences between the sexes explain why Maxim pulled this public shitting graphic straight out of 1997?
* Call your mom this weekend.
* Sexist internal business: I’m out of town this weekend, so comment moderation help will be spotty at best, STARTING NOW. If your comment gets stuck in a queue, sit back, relax, and I’ll free it when I get a chance.