Get our free newsletter
This week on the Sexist, my boyfriend furiously texted me this photograph of a tank top he spied on the racks of a local Unique Thrift store. He knows me so well! What does it all mean? Who would buy this tank top . . . and then give it away? I can’t say, but I will say this wins the prize for the most nonsensical / offensive tank top I’ve ever seen. And with that:
1. On Chivalry and Internalized Misogyny, in which keeping your legs closed and your head covered brings honor to the men in your life. Don’t you just love that they’ve taken such an interest in you?
2. Feminine Performance and Thinking of the Children, in which we forget about the adult ladies when we focus on all the little girls dancing sexy to “Single Ladies.”
3. Rimah Fakih, Beauty Pageants, and the Virgin-Whore Dichotomy, in which you must be sexy, but only for Donald Trump, and maybe also his hair.
4. But Was She Wearing High Heels?, in which defense attorneys victim-blame.
5. Lena Chen on Assault By Photograph, in which I finally met Lena last weekend and she’s fucking awesome! So do not cross her with your slut-shaming!