Sign up for our free newsletter
Patriarchal family values porn.
* Just in time for Father’s Day, WorldNetDaily has republished David Kupelian‘s column on how refusing to acknowledge male superiority is hurting men:
“Father knows best.”
How do those three words make you feel? Turn them over in your mind a couple of times and be aware of the subtlest of feelings. Be honest.
Do they make you feel slightly squeamish? A little discomfort in your solar plexus? Is something deep down inside you repelled by those words?
If so, you’re not alone. Contempt for male authority—-as if to say, “Give me a break, father sure didn’t know best in my life”—-is everywhere around us. We’re swimming in it. You see, men, boys and masculinity itself have been under withering national assault for decades.
* Reporter John Townsend has outed an anti-gay Lutheran minister he met at meetings of “Courage,” an anonymous Catholic program that helps gays and lesbians to suppress their sexuality. So, how ethical is that? From the NGJLA: “While many people disagree with [Courage’s] approach—-which focuses on working steps, remaining chaste, prayer, and little contact with openly gay people—-the question is whether the practice, itself, is so dangerous that people’s expectation of anonymity should be violated in order to expose it.”
* The GLAA congratulates Germany’s gay penguins on becoming proud fathers.
* In other displays of gay pride, Metro Weekly presents 20 shirtless men dancing to a Lady Gaga medley in front of the Capitol building:
* And now for some less inspiring maneuvering: Gay council candidate Clark Ray accepts an endorsement from the Rev. Willie F. Wilson, who has opined on the issue of sexual orientation that “Lesbianism is about to take over our community” and “Can’t make no connection with a screw and another screw.”