Get our free newsletter
Before you drink too much and marvel at sparkly things, on account of America, take a look back at some depressing stuff about sexual assault, and some inspiring stuff about geek feminists. See you Tuesday:
1. Consent and Manipulation in Olivia Munn’s Playboy Shoot, in which Playboy representatives are surprisingly creepy toward women!
2. What Does It Mean That Al Gore’s Accuser Saved Her Pants? in which women who preserve evidence are dismissed as calculating.
3. Courtney Stoker on Feminist Geek, in which the revolution will not come in the form of sexy naked Stormtroopers.
4. Beauty Pageants Meet LGBT Activism, in which worlds collide.
5. Make Your Dude-Dominated Subculture More Accessible to Women, in which we make it better.
Photo via Cornell University Library