Do you have a plan to vote?
Let us tell you the information you need to register and cast a ballot in D.C.
* NOM’s nationwide “One Man, One Woman” bus tour takes a turn: Dude with sign voices support for lynching gays.
* Via Broadsheet, the gays aren’t the only ones destroying marriage: Sleeping in separate beds may also be threatening the institution.
* Sady Doyle writes in support of snark (kinda):
“Snark” is one of those fundamentally goofy internet neologisms that we could try to fight, but are better-off just learning to work with. The word denotes mean humour: sarcasm, venom, the art of the put-down. Mostly, it’s an attitude. Snark is the kids at the back of the class, heckling the substitute teacher; it’s the voice of people who feel stifled, talked down to, or left out; the tool of people who have discovered that honing in on the weaknesses of those in power, exposing them publicly (if only to their own circle of friends), and reducing them to figures of fun (if only in their own minds), makes them feel a little less helpless.
* The Washington Blade has more on the death of Secrets dancer Mark Gower:
Although it couldn’t be immediately determined how long Gower was dead inside his apartment, White said police indicated he could have died shortly after he was discovered missing, which was nearly two weeks before the body was found.
* Lilith redux: NPR talks to 700 female musicians about the industry.