Do you have a plan to vote?
Let us tell you the information you need to register and cast a ballot in D.C.
We can't make City Paper without you
Today was the official ribbon-cutting for The Residences at Georgia Avenue, a 72-unit affordable housing building in Petworth. It’s a pretty sweet looking building for below-market-rate units. Here are some of the building’s features, according to its leasing website:
- Full kitchens with Dishwasher and Maple cabinets
- Individually Controlled Central Heating and Air Conditioning
- Energy efficient windows and appliances
- Laundry Facilities on each floor;
- Community Launch with Computer and Internet Access
- On‐site Management Office;
- Green roof with rooftop gathering space;
- Secure building with key card access and camera monitoring;
- Full Service Grocery Store; YES! Organic
- Spanish Education Development Center ‐ (across the Street)
Funding came together from the Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) and the District Housing Finance Agency (HFA), who contributed almost $20 million. “About $6.7 million was used from the District’s from the Housing Production Trust Fund, which is administered by DHCD. The HFA secured more than $13 million in short term and long term debt financing,” according to a press release from the mayor’s office.