We know D.C. Get our free newsletter to stay in the know.
The District has just announced its short-list for developers for another former D.C. Public school site. And this time, unlike with Hine Junior High School, they’ve actually made significant cuts.
Nine developers submitted proposals for the old Stevens School. Three remain.
Here’s what Neil Albert, former deputy mayor for planning and economic development, had to say about the decisions:
“The Stevens School has an incredible history,” said City Administrator Neil O. Albert. “We received a number of great proposals that we think will not only honor the building’s past, but will bring new vitality to the site and the surrounding community. These three teams have presented some interesting ideas and demonstrated the capacity to get the project done. ”
The new list looks like this:
1. Stoladi Property Group/KG Project Management/Davis Construction
2. Capitol Hill BID/Ready Willing & Working Inc. (Ready Willing & Working Inc. is a non-profit that offers street cleaning/maintenance job-training to men, who are homeless, were incarcerated, or have a history of substance abuse. )
3. Akridge/Argos Group
4. EQR (Equity Residential)/ Neighborhood Development Corporation
5. Moddie Turay Company/Opus East
6. Peebles Development LLC/The Walker Group
7. Toll Brothers City Living/Paramount Development LLC
8. Cafritz Interests
9. The Roost at Stevens: Donohoe Development Company/Holland Development Group, LLC/Harris Development, LLC/Spectrum Management , LLC
We’ll find out more about their plans on June 11th, when the city will hold a meeting at nearby Francis-Stevens Education Campus, 2425 N Street, NW . The meeting will start at 6:30 p.m.
Photo by NCinDC, Flickr Creative Commons