Do you have a plan to vote?
Let us tell you the information you need to register and cast a ballot in D.C.
Oh, I know some of you are so disappointed by that headline. But by this point, the state of the house won’t affect the series. The D.C. filming is totally done. The season is upon us. And people, same as always, are tweeting about all things RWDC. Last night, starting around 6 p.m., rumors about a fire at the house began to spread:
• RealWorldDCNEWZ RUMOR: The Real World DC House at 2000 S Street NW is on fire (unconfirmed so far) #RWDC about 18 hours ago from web
• sloflin @RealWorldDCNEWZ re: fire at real world house – i see yellow tape up but no smoke or firetrucks about 18 hours ago from web
• RealWorldDCNEWZ RT @omgitsmejd: @RealWorldDCNEWZ just heard on the radio the real world house is on fire?! about 17 hours ago from web
• cortista RT @RealWorldDCNEWZ: RUMOR: The Real World DC House at 2000 S Street NW is on fire (unconfirmed so far) #RWDC about 17 hours ago from UberTwitter
• ELJefe843 is the Real World DC house really on fire??? someone please confirm! #rwdc about 17 hours ago from mobile web
• KarlaG26 @RealWorldDCNEWZ: RUMOR: The Real World DC House at 2000 S Street NW is on fire. On fire?! When this all happend? During the show or after? about 14 hours ago from UberTwitter
The answer to that final question: Neither. Earlier today, I reached Anawat Jaithum, manager for Thaiphoon Restaurant in Dupont, which happens to be located right across the street from the Real World house located at 2000 S Street NW.
“From where I’m looking right now, there’s nothing on fire—nothing serious,” he said. “There’s no one living in there, so there shouldn’t be a fire.”
Jaithum wasn’t working last night, but he talked to another staff member who had been around in the evening. He remembered seeing firetrucks outside.
D.C. Fire Department spokesman Pete Piringer also checked into the rumor for me: “There’s nothing in the computer for 2000 S street. We were in the vicinity of 20th Florida around 8 p.m. Monday for a sick or injured person…” he said.