Sign up for our free newsletter
Downtown real estate mogul Douglas Jemal, newly filtered by P.R. firm 360jmg, listed his top five favorite District hangouts for Cultural Tourism DC. The main criteria? Either be within a five-block radius of his house, or be owned by him, or both. In Jemal’s own words:
1. 702 H Street, NW: My office and home where I spend a great deal of time.
2. Calvary Baptist Church: I pass by this church daily when walking my dog. I love the spiritual value it adds to the community, and they give back to the neighborhood offering a soup kitchen to the area homeless.
3. Old Woody’s Building (Woodard & Lothrop): I own the building and I am so happy it has been brought back to life!
4. Fro-Zen-Yo: On F Street: I love it for obvious reasons! — Ed. note: He may like the yogurt, but it’s also his tenant.
5. District ChopHouse: Douglas Development was in charge of the development. It is the first restaurant downtown before the Verizon Center and revamp of the Chinatown area.