We know D.C. Get our free newsletter to stay in the know.
Via Kathryn Baer, on Friday the White House posted fact sheets on what the American Jobs Act would mean for every state. The District’s goodies include:
- $387 million in funding for highways and transit systems
- $20 million for renovating vacant and foreclosed homes
- Payroll tax cuts for 20,000 businesses
- $45 million to support 500 teachers and first responders
- A tax cut of $1,640 for the average household
- Extended unemployment insurance for 5,500 people
That is, if it passes, of course.