The Department of Health finally stuck to a deadline on its medical marijuana program, approving six cultivation centers that can move ahead with building permits and certificates of occupancy.
The list, obtained by the Post last night, is as follows:
- Montel Williams‘ Abatin Wellness Center, 2146 Queens Chapel Road in Langdon
- Montana Apothecary dba Alternative Solutions, 2170 24th Place NE in Langdon
- District Growers, 2417 Evarts Street NE in Langdon
- Holistic Remedies in 1800 block of Fenwick Street NE in Ivy City
- Phyto Management, 3701 Benning Road NE in Benning
- Venture Forth dba Center City, 2210 Channing Street NE in Langdon
Phyto Management will actually have to move, per emergency Council legislation. The other five may not get a more warm welcome: All of them are in Advisory Neighborhood Commission 5B, which voted against medical marijuana cultivation period.
This round of choices leaves room for four more qualified cultivation centers allowed under the law, but it’s unclear when the rest will be established. Five dispensaries—-perhaps the more contentious part of pot distribution in the city—-are expected to be announced in June.