Get our free newsletter
2014 was a year of continued rebound for the D.C.-area housing market—-so much so that a $6.5 million home sale wouldn’t make the top-10 list. These, according to MRIS, the leading multiple listing service in the region, are the ones that did, ranging from a measly $6.83 million to a robust $20 million. Six out of the top 10 were in the District, a sign of the increasing cachet of the city over the suburbs, and two of those were east of Rock Creek Park, in Dupont Circle.
1. 15 Dupont Circle NW: $20,000,000
Note: This one deserves an asterisk, since the purchaser of the Patterson Mansion, Bethesda-based SB Urban, intends to convert it into micro-units, making it more of a development deal than a home sale.
2. 7979 Boulevard Drive East, Alexandria: $18,600,000
3. 1645 31st St. NW: $16,100,000 (shown at top)
4. 5630 Wisconsin Ave., Unit 1801, Chevy Chase: $8,650,000
5. 5104 Moorland Lane, Bethesda: $8,550,000
6. 1824 R St. NW: $8,450,000
7. 2915 O St. NW: $7,395,000
8. 6800 Hillmead Road, Bethesda: $7,350,000
9: 4800 Woodway Lane NW: $6,855,000
10. 2510 Foxhall Road NW: $6,833,333
Photos via MRIS