We know D.C. Get our free newsletter to stay in the know.
All courtesy of the State of Downtown report released today by the Downtown Business Improvement District
1. Downtown’s surface parking lots have vanished over the past 18 years.
2. As these lots have disappeared, downtown’s share of D.C. development has tanked.
3. There’s not much room left for development near downtown. In the future, Ward 5 is where it’s going to be happening.
4. From a tax-revenue perspective, restaurants and hotels are much better than housing and offices.
5. With the office market struggling, office-to-other-use conversions are starting to take off in D.C.
Images via Downtown BID