Get our free newsletter
Everyone seems to be marking the 75th anniversary of the ratification of the 21st Amendment, which repealed that disgusting American experiment in ruining a good drunk. Some of the more interesting stories include:
- The Virginian-Pilot on Virginia’s Prohibition history.
- USA Today on states relaxing restrictions on Sunday alcohol sales.
- Maureen Ogle in U.S. News on how governments have just “institutionalized the demonization of alcohol.” (If you don’t believe her, just read our cover story, “Pain in the Glass.”)
- The Examiner on how one law-enforcement group would like to repeal the war on drugs.
- DCist on where to get your drink on for the big anniversary.
Image by Flickr user antoinedemorris.