We know D.C. Get our free newsletter to stay in the know.
All right, you fellow food crazies, what’d you get for the holidays? Let’s start counting the booty. I’ll start.
- A copy of A Day at elBulli: An insight into the ideas, methods and creativity of Ferran Adria. (Thanks, love!)
- Two used Marcella Hazan cookbooks, including the delightful Marcella Says… (Thanks, Molly, you cheapskate.)
- A care package of coffee, scones, crumpets, jam, and muffins. (Thanks, mum!)
- A bottle-opener magnet for the fridge (Thanks again, love! More Dogfish Head for the holidays!)
- A gift certificate to Williams-Sonoma (which came with a broad suggestion that whatever I buy should be tied to making the gift-givers dinner). (Thanks, Stuart and Kay! I think.)
- Pancake/cookie molds in the shape of hearts. (Thanks again, Stuart and Kay!)
- A gift certificate to Crate and Barrel (with no strings attached this time). (Thanks a third time, Stuart and Kay!)
- A gift certificate to Pottery Barn. (Thanks, sis!)
- And the best gift of all: dinner with the family, with music playing in the background and no computer within 20 feet of anyone. (Thanks all!)