Sign up for our free newsletter
Free D.C. news, delivered to your inbox daily.
All right, you fellow food crazies, what’d you get for the holidays? Let’s start counting the booty. I’ll start.
- A copy of A Day at elBulli: An insight into the ideas, methods and creativity of Ferran Adria. (Thanks, love!)
- Two used Marcella Hazan cookbooks, including the delightful Marcella Says… (Thanks, Molly, you cheapskate.)
- A care package of coffee, scones, crumpets, jam, and muffins. (Thanks, mum!)
- A bottle-opener magnet for the fridge (Thanks again, love! More Dogfish Head for the holidays!)
- A gift certificate to Williams-Sonoma (which came with a broad suggestion that whatever I buy should be tied to making the gift-givers dinner). (Thanks, Stuart and Kay! I think.)
- Pancake/cookie molds in the shape of hearts. (Thanks again, Stuart and Kay!)
- A gift certificate to Crate and Barrel (with no strings attached this time). (Thanks a third time, Stuart and Kay!)
- A gift certificate to Pottery Barn. (Thanks, sis!)
- And the best gift of all: dinner with the family, with music playing in the background and no computer within 20 feet of anyone. (Thanks all!)