Okay, not really. But Richard’s recipe for chocolate-covered grapes, expertly executed by Young & Hungry‘s bud Yoram, were the highlight of our Super Bowl dessert course, which also included macaroon-and-chocolate “sliders.” Can you tell we got a little carried away last night?
Well, you don’t know the half of it.
The Shitheads—-plus Shithead hangers-on—-were in rare form for pro football’s finale. Our menu included the following:
- Lou‘s pigs-in-blanket with homemade dipping sauces, including brussels-sprout relish and his own fiery version of ketchup (catsup?).
- My bacon-wrapped Medjool dates with lemon zest.
- My cheddar-cheese drop biscuits with jalapeno jelly.
- Kathy‘s cactus salad.
- Margaret‘s jalapeno cornbread
- A salami that Lou bought at Salumi, the Seattle salumeria owned by Armandino Batali, father of Mario.
- A box of wings from Wingo’s in Georgetown.
- And a shitload of items from lead Shithead Jim: Arizona black-bean chili with beef and three kinds of chili peppers; a chipped chopped ham sandwich, inspired by the famous sammie at the Isaly’s chain; a Primanti Brothers sandwich, based on the recipe in the Washington Post; homemade tortilla chips; and homemade guacamole.
Oh, and we would have noshed on some Fritos and bean dip, which Judy brought, but by the time we trotted out those traditional snacks, our stomachs were already stretched tighter than Cher’s face.
So tell Young & Hungry what you did for Super Bowl munchies?