It’s Friday, people, which means it’s time to start thinking about drinks, hamburgers, and mayonnaise. Not necessarily in that order.
- Amuse Bouche is carrying a torch for the Tiki bar revival.
- Michael Ruhlman confesses to his love for making mayonnaise. It’s apparently a visual thing, which may be a guy thing, come to think of it.
- Diner’s Journal chronicles the Obamas’ quick embrace of the local/sustainable movement—-and the chefs who love them for it.
- DCist launches a new spirits column, written by Adam Bernbach and Chantal Tseng, with a little late-winter wassail.
- A Hamburger Today reports that Padma Lakshmi, following on the heels of fellow Top Chef judge Tom Colicchio‘s Oscar-night commercial, will start hawking for Hardee’s.