We know D.C. Get our free newsletter to stay in the know.
It’s Friday, people, which means it’s time to start thinking about drinks, hamburgers, and mayonnaise. Not necessarily in that order.
- Amuse Bouche is carrying a torch for the Tiki bar revival.
- Michael Ruhlman confesses to his love for making mayonnaise. It’s apparently a visual thing, which may be a guy thing, come to think of it.
- Diner’s Journal chronicles the Obamas’ quick embrace of the local/sustainable movement—-and the chefs who love them for it.
- DCist launches a new spirits column, written by Adam Bernbach and Chantal Tseng, with a little late-winter wassail.
- A Hamburger Today reports that Padma Lakshmi, following on the heels of fellow Top Chef judge Tom Colicchio‘s Oscar-night commercial, will start hawking for Hardee’s.