Do you have a plan to vote?
Let us tell you the information you need to register and cast a ballot in D.C.
Few things make me happier in the dead of winter than reading this phrase in the sports section: pitchers and catchers report. It’s spring training time and despite the steroids and the gross imbalance of power in the sport, I still love baseball. The snap of a fastball in a catcher’s mitt. The crack of a bat. The deli mustard on an all-beef frank. The drunk behind me who won’t stop harassing the Nats’ left fielder.
Now there’s a blog dedicated to exploring food at the ballpark:
- Scoreboard Gourmet is eating her way through spring training. SG only has one fault that I can find: She’s a Yankees fan.
- Food Allergy Buzz reports on two local games this year that will cater to fans with peanut and other allergies.
- The Washington Nationals have formed a partnership with Levy Restaurants, a James Beard-award-winning company, to provide fare this year at the park. Levy is promising “regional dishes and innovative versions of D.C.’s favorites.” (OK, this isn’t a blog link. Sue me.)
On the non-baseball front:
- Both Metrocurean and Penn Quarter Living have their own takes on the recent opening of Zola Wine & Kitchen.
- Prince of Petworth has an early tease about another new watering hole on 14th Street NW.
- The Express maps the locations of D.C.’s latest speakeasies.