Sign up for our free newsletter
Yes, I watched some of the Top Chef reunion show last night, and let me say this right from the start: The main reason Fabio won fan fave is because Americans are still suckers for Italian accents. Could this show have been less about the art and craft of cooking? That Baldies-with-Photoshopped-Hair segment? Jump. The. Shark. Time.
Whoa, I’m feeling cranky this morning. Let’s move on to the blogs for more reunion commentary.
- Pop Watch wonders if the show is “too concerned with turning the spotlight on likable hotties rather than the sweaty, ugly reality of making deeply delicious dishes.”
- Show Tracker desperately wants the producers to bring Anthony Bourdain back to the judges table—-at whatever cost.
- Gawker live blogged the entire show, which I didn’t take the time to read. I have a life.
- Judge Toby Young thinks gay liberation has opened the door to bromances like the one between Stefan and Fabio.
- A couple of commenters on Chowhound think Carla Hall seemed subdued during the reunion, as if she were still kicking herself over the finale.
And one final thought from the Y&H peanut gallery: Do you think an embarrassed Jeff McInnis lied when he said that People magazine had misquoted him? That he didn’t actually call Tom Colicchio‘s food boring? I think he lied, and I think it would have made far better TV if McInnis had just reversed tables on Colicchio and said, “Yeah, man, I’ve never had a decent meal in one of your restaurants. Maybe you’re spending too much time on reality TV and not enough in your own kitchens.”