Do you have a plan to vote?
Let us tell you the information you need to register and cast a ballot in D.C.
Don’t know about you, but after a long work week, I love to hole up in the kitchen and cook. Carrie and I don’t get to do that much, given my obsessive devotion to dining out, but this weekend we’re hosting a craft-beer party for the Shitheads that promises to keep us in the kitchen most of Saturday. I can’t wait.
So let’s see what the blogs have been cooking lately:
- The Cocktail Chronicles borrows a page from the unapologetically parsimonious Kingsley Amis, who knows how to fool party guests about the quality of their cocktails.
- Alinea at Home has your amuse bouche: pear balls nestled in eucalyptus gelatin, which sort of look like “milk-soaked, bloated Apple Jacks” to the author.
- Coconut & Lime has cooked up a simple shrimp, artichoke, and mushroom pasta.
- One Frugal Foodie has a recipe for cheap, hearty German-style wheat bread. Mmm, slater that with salty butter and I’m good to go.
- And Angela’s Food Love has found the perfect cheesecake recipe to help empty that Costco-size jar of orange marmalade in her fridge.
Photo courtesy of Angela Potter.