Get to know D.C. with our daily newsletter
We dive deep on the day’s biggest story and share links to everything you need to know.
Don’t know about you, but after a long work week, I love to hole up in the kitchen and cook. Carrie and I don’t get to do that much, given my obsessive devotion to dining out, but this weekend we’re hosting a craft-beer party for the Shitheads that promises to keep us in the kitchen most of Saturday. I can’t wait.
So let’s see what the blogs have been cooking lately:
- The Cocktail Chronicles borrows a page from the unapologetically parsimonious Kingsley Amis, who knows how to fool party guests about the quality of their cocktails.
- Alinea at Home has your amuse bouche: pear balls nestled in eucalyptus gelatin, which sort of look like “milk-soaked, bloated Apple Jacks” to the author.
- Coconut & Lime has cooked up a simple shrimp, artichoke, and mushroom pasta.
- One Frugal Foodie has a recipe for cheap, hearty German-style wheat bread. Mmm, slater that with salty butter and I’m good to go.
- And Angela’s Food Love has found the perfect cheesecake recipe to help empty that Costco-size jar of orange marmalade in her fridge.
Photo courtesy of Angela Potter.