We know D.C. Get our free newsletter to stay in the know.
People are brilliant. People are mindless cows. Today’s roundup has a bit of both.
- Chow.com tells us how London’s fast-food chicken outlets have escaped the Colonel’s hatchetmen, including the creatively named Kent’s Tuck Inn Fried Chicken.
- Yours for Good Fermentables gives us a small peek into the Washington Post‘s annual Beer Madness contest, which is in mid-drink right now. There was already a major upset in the first round: Bud Light Lime won by a squirt over Leinenkugel Honey Weiss, which pretty much makes Y&H want to go shoot a Clydesdale.
- DCist has rounded up five of its favorite breakfast spots, which, naturally, has griddled a few waffles. Y&H just hopes DCist’s next list won’t be so white bread. (White toast?) Other cultures eat breakfast, too, you know.
- Chubby Hubby breaks out the Buddha molds for these Milo-based desserts. Eat one and enjoy bad karma for life.
- Smiley’s Sweets and Creations has combined two of the trendiest foods, sliders and cupcakes, into one amazing-looking treat. But where’s the Asian fusion?
Photo from Smiley’s Sweets and Creations.