We know D.C. Get our free newsletter to stay in the know.
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.
The week is over, folks. What are you doing reading this blog? Go eat some beans. Or watch some basketball or, God forbid, go outside and play basketball. Step away from the computer now. I mean it, leave. Well, as soon as you read the latest roundup. Happy weekend all.
- Endless Simmer draws comparisons between March Madness and food. It is indeed madness.
- Ruhlman thinks duck confit rates right up there with bacon and wonders aloud why more folks don’t make it at home. And don’t give him the two quarts of duck fat excuse, either!
- Offal Good is fighting for his right to foie gras, despite protesters threatening to descend upon his restaurant. He even has handouts.
- The Accidental Hedonist reviews the Czech lager that would be Budweiser. AH finds it as middling as the American brand.
- cook eat fret (which wins this week’s prize for best-named food blog) has been eating a lot of beans lately, which must have affected her memory. She can’t remember the recipes well. Does it all amount to a hill of beans?