Do you have a plan to vote?
Let us tell you the information you need to register and cast a ballot in D.C.
Caffeine, sugar, and carbs. They’re the holy trinity of the American diet, and today’s roundup has news on all of ’em.
- The Internet Food Association is twisting itself into a pretzel over the proper age to consume jelly beans. One thinks the habit is crude and immature for grown adults. (Why does that sentence sound funnier in a Southern accent?) Another thinks jellybean popping is perfect at any age. Y&H thinks jellybeans make for great projectiles.
- Diner’s Journal explains the scam that has caused Ethiopia to shut off exports of its famous coffee beans. Y&H thinks exporters better their get Yirgacheffe together soon.
- Metrocurean gathers some intelligence on two new places on the budding 14th Street NW restaurant scene. Y&H thinks graffiti artists have totally sold out.
- District Plates suffers for his dough. He’s been working on this pizza/calzone/bread dough for years, so the least you could do is check it out.
- Serious Eats has published a beginner’s guide to Passover soft drinks. It boils down to this: No corn syrup in soft drinks during Passover. Hey, can we claim the holiday is year ’round?
Photo by gj_the White