We know D.C. Get our free newsletter to stay in the know.
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.
Or, more accurately, all the food news Y&H cares to report at 8 p.m. on a Monday.
Regardless of my level of enthusiasm at this late hour, much has been going on in the local restaurant world, and here’s a taste of it.
- Metrocurean has a deliciously biting item on yet another celebrity steakhouse coming our way: Jean-Georges Vongerichten’s J&G Steakhouse in the new W Hotel.
- ZagatBuzz reports that Todd English is out as chef of the still-in-development Cha restaurant at the Donovan House. Toronto chef Susur Lee, who leads the kitchen at Shang at a sister hotel in Manhattan, will apparently step in. (And hey, memo to ZagatBuzz: Give credit when you steal other people’s items.)
- The Washington Post informs us that the only Balducci’s in D.C. will be closing at the end of June.
- The Post‘s Tom Sietsema broke the news about Bebo Trattoria‘s closing, and Y&H tried to capitalized on the buzz with his own take on the mess.
- The members of DonRockwell.com (who, let’s face it, routinely scoop us ink-stained wretches) are reporting that the venerable dim sum palace, Hollywood East Cafe on the Boulevard, is moving. No word from official sources on that one yet.
- Y&H didn’t break this (I believe Sietsema did on last week’s chat), but we’ve got more info on the changing of the guard in the kitchen at Sonoma.
That should get you up to speed…at least until tomorrow.