We know D.C. Get our free newsletter to stay in the know.
The City Paper editorial staff fanned out across the area yesterday to take a look at the way we eat, all the way down to Darrow Montgomery‘s dog, named Beans, appropriately enough. Fortunately, most of us, if not those poor souls at Washington Hospital Center, dine much better than Beans.
Here are the highlights from yesterday, as determined by…well, me.
- Dave McKenna investigates the many wrecks at the intersection where professional athletes professional restaurants try to cross, including this dissection on former Redskins who’ve traded cleats for clogs.
- Loose Lips chews the fat with Marion Barry, who’s got a serious beef with beef.
- Ruth Samuelson gets the grand tour of personal chef Monica Thomas‘ kitchen island. Y&H now must have his own water-facet pedals.
- Jason Cherkis takes a trip down the street with two veterans who flee the VA Medical Center for better eats.
- Ted Scheinman goes Dumpster diving behind North Sea Restaurant and Sushi Bar.
- Amanda Hess (aka, The Sexist) unravels the mysteries of Tune Inn‘s eternal happy hour.
- Darrow Montgomery profiles a dying patient, the Florida Avenue Market.
Photo by Darrow Montgomery