Get our free newsletter
After all the is-he-or-isn’t-he Michel Richard news, the baguette competition, and Food Day, Y&H has barely had a moment to pet his wife and kiss his dog. Or is that vice versa? Whatever, it’s time to play catch up on some of the news and opinion floating out there.
- Prince of Petworth sort of, kind of reports that Radius at the Ohio is on hold, which adds another chapter to the troubled history of the H Street NE location.
- Fritz Hahn over at Going Out Gurus says that Adam Bernbach, the mixologist behind our 2008 Best Cocktail Menu at Bar Pilar, will be leaving the 14th Street NW operation. But not before a final blow out on May 19.
- Frozen Tropics breaks the news that Derek Brown —- this year’s Best Bartender and The Atlantic food channel’s resident distilled muse —- has created a line of cocktails for Sova Espresso & Wine Bar. [Also of note in the item, Dan Searing is looking to open his own wine bar, Room 11, in Columbia Heights.]
- Speaking of the Atlantic, the online food channel has mixed feelings about CityZen. Corby adores it. The chemistry dude: Not so much.
- Capital Spice caught Food Day fever and blogged their own “average” eating experiences. (They also stole my Facebook profile!)
- DCist was the first to announce that organic grocer Ellwood Thompson’s is putting its D.C. project on hold. The company still has a lease with DCUSA but can’t afford to build the store in Columbia Heights.