Do you have a plan to vote?
Let us tell you the information you need to register and cast a ballot in D.C.
There are plenty beer-related events to enjoy in the upcoming weeks. Long-time beer geeks and newbies alike should be able to find an appropriate watering opportunity below.
We’ll see you out there.
MONDAY, JUNE 15
- [LAGERHEADS PICK] Rogue Dinner at Birreria Paradiso – Enjoy a four-course meal including Paradiso’s pizza made with special ingredients to pair with six Rogue brews. Seatings at 6:30pm and 9pm, $65 includes tax and tip. Call 202-337-4936.
TUESDAY, JUNE 16
- Festina Tapping Party at Union Jack’s in Ballston – Celebrate summer with a launch party for Dogfish Head’s Festina Peche. Food specials and free mug with every purchase. 6-9pm. Call 703-778-3568.
- Washington Wine and Cheese Beer Tasting at St. Patrick’s Episcopal Church – Join special guest Greg Kitsock, Washington Post beer columnist, for nine samples representing a variety of light and dark beers. Snacks available, including smoked bluefish but seating is limited so get there early. 7:45-10pm, $20. First come first serve.
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 17
- DC School of Beer Launch Event at Crystal Gateway Marriott – Get in on the ground floor with Washington Wine Academy‘s new event series: The DC School of Beer. Taste over 50 beers from all over the U.S. 6:30-9pm. $18. Call 703-408-6848.
- [LAGERHEADS PICK] Brasserie de Silly Dinner at Brasserie Beck – Be guided through a four-course meal and four Silly/La Divine beers by Brasserie de Silly’s owner and head brewer, Lionel Van der Hagen. 7-10pm. $85 plus tax and gratuity. Call 202-408-1717.
THURSDAY, JUNE 18
- Beers of Munich Dinner at Bowie Baysox Game – Enjoy German food and beer while watching Class AA affiliates the Bowie Baysox and the Reading Phillies play from the Prince George’s County Stadium luxury level restaurant. Several Spaten and Franziskaner beers available. Deadline for ordering tickets is 3pm Tuesday, June 16. 6-9pm, $41. Call 301-464-4886.
SATURDAY, JUNE 20
- Beer, Bourbon, and BBQ Fest at The Waterfront at National Harbor – Come out for a day of beer sippin’, bourbon tastin’, music listenin’, cigar smokin’, and barbeque eatin’. Admission includes souvenir tasting glass and unlimited samples from 2:00 to 6:00pm. Live music all day. 12-6pm, $30 advance, $35 on-site. Call 1-800-830-3976.
MONDAY, JUNE 22
- Summer Cookout & Brewer’s Dinner at Rock Bottom in Arlington – Spend an evening on the patio with four courses paired with four of Rock Bottom’s finest: Mai-Bock, Smoked Chili Red, American Dream IPA, and El-Jefe Hefeweizen. Brewer’s reception at 6:30pm. Dinner 7-9pm. $40 includes tax and tip. Call 703-516-7688.
TUESDAY, JUNE 23
- Sommerbrau Tapping at Gordon Biersch – Head down to Gordon Biersch or the first tapping of the brewery’s summer seasonal. Free passed hors d’oeuvres. Donations for a local charity will be collected. 6-8pm. Call 202-783-5454.
THURSDAY, JUNE 25
- [LAGERHEADS PICK] Beerfest Screening & Beer Tasting at Arlington Cinema ‘N Drafthouse -The Drafthouse and DC School of Beer present this special opportunity to see a hilarious beer movie and sample “national and local beers” with reps on hand. $8 for Beer Tasting, 6:30-8:15pm. Movie is $5.50, 8:15-10pm. Advance tickets available. Call 703-486-2345.
- Beer Class for Beginners at Whittemore House – Join GiraMondo and Tom Cizauskas (local beer guru) in learning all the basics about beer, including the four basic styles, the flavors, how one should taste beer, and how to pair beer with food. Class includes eight high-end beers from around the world. $49. Call 301-841-7609.
SATURDAY & SUNDAY, JUNE 27 & 28
- [LAGERHEADS PICK] Northern Virginia Summer BrewFest at Morven Park in Leesburg– Take advantage of offerings from over 40 participating American breweries, including many you can’t currently get in the DC area. Food and live music. Saturday 11am-9pm, Sunday 11am-7pm, $20 advance, $25 on-site. Call 703-923-0800.
TUESDAY, JUNE 30
- Dogfish Head Daze of Summer at Rustico– Enjoy Dogfish Head rare drafts inlcuding Festina Peche and other high-octane surprises. Free glassware give-away with every purchase. 6-9pm. Call 703-224-5051.
- Belgian Beer Dinner at Belga Cafe – Let master beer sommelier Jens Pifereon show you how well Belgium’s summer white ales and Belga’s specialty cocktails pair with an innovative entree and dessert duo created by Executive Chef and owner Bart Vandaele. Call 202-544-0100.
- Ladies Only Tasting and Tour Night at Clipper City– Female beer-lovers unite! Join the women of Clipper City Brewing Company for an evening of guided tastings, tours, and take-home gifts of Parfections chocolates made with Heavy Seas beer. Chris Ames from MD Homebrewer Assoc will be on hand to answer brewing questions. 6-8pm. Call 410-247-7822.
MONDAY, JULY 13
- Fresh Farm & Local Beer Dinner at Birreria Paradiso – This collaborative event with Fresh Farm Markets pairs a four-course meal comprised of locally grown and raised ingredients with some of the freshest beer you can get in the Mid-Atlantic region. Seatings at 6:30pm and 9pm, $75 includes tax and tip and $20 goes to Fresh Farm Markets. Call 202-337-4936.