Do you know D.C.?
Get our free newsletter to stay in the know about local D.C.
The First Lady has been the topic of foodie chatter on two fronts this week — first for her stop at Gramercy Tavern on Thursday, followed shortly thereafter with the launch of the “Michelle Melt” at Good Stuff Eatery.
Let’s see what the media had to say on these and other urgent foodie matters:
- Eater has the pics and Obama Foodorama has the insider deets on Michelle Obama’s lunch at Gramercy.
- The AP has the story on Spike Mendelsohn‘s healthy new “Michelle Melt,” which categorically did not include any assist from assistant White House chef Sam Kass.
- Michael Birchenall breaks the news that Yannick Cam will soon be back on the dining scene.
- Thrillist has the details on the opening date of Mark Furstenberg’s G Street Food.
- The Washingtonian has learned who will take over the Olives space.
- Yours truly had the news on Taylor Gourmet II‘s pending opening.
- Y&H also covered the opening of Eric Ziebold‘s latest, Sou’Wester.