There’s still time to nominate local icons for Best of D.C.
Voting is just a couple of weeks old for the inaugural class of the D.C. Dish Hall of Fame, but already a pattern has emerged: Fast foods are dominating the competition.
That’s hardly surprising, of course. On a daily basis, you know that people order about 500 more half smokes at Ben’s Chili Bowl than, say, order Frank Ruta‘s roast chicken at Palena Cafe. But just because the odds are stacked against your favorite dish, that’s no excuse to sit back and let the fast foods run away with this.
Start pressing your friends to vote for your favorite dish. The voting doesn’t end until Dec. 11, when we will induct the top 5 into Washington City Paper‘s inaugural D.C. Dish Hall of Fame.
Take a look at the current leaders:
- Half-smoke with chili at Ben’s Chili Bowl, 191 votes
- Hamburger at Five Guys, 92
- Peruvian chicken at El Pollo Rico, 80
- Falafel at Amsterdam Falafelshop, 64
- Margherita pizza at 2Amys, 59
- Burger from Ray’s Hell Burger, 59
- Salty oat cookie at Teaism, 57
- Pho at Pho 75, 55
- Palak chaat at Rasika, 49
- Smoked branzino carpaccio at Teatro Goldoni, 37
Don’t like the looks of the current leaderboard? Get voting!
Photo by Darrow Montgomery