Do you have a plan to vote?
Let us tell you the information you need to register and cast a ballot in D.C.
With only three weeks of voting left in the D.C. Dish Hall of Fame, the leaderboard remains virtually unchanged from last week’s, save for a little jockeying at the bottom and 2Amys‘ suddenly move into a fourth-place tie with the falafel sandwich at Amsterdam.
Remember, only the top five dishes will be part of the Hall’s inaugural class. So if you don’t like the looks of the list below, get voting.
- Half-smoke with chili at Ben’s Chili Bowl, 334 votes
- Hamburger at Five Guys, 157
- Peruvian chicken at El Pollo Rico, 128
- Margherita pizza at 2Amys, 115
- Falafel at Amsterdam Falafelshop, 115
- Burger from Ray’s Hell Burger, 99
- Salty oat cookie at Teaism, 98
- Palak chaat at Rasika, 89
- Pho at Pho 75, 88
- Fried whiting at Horace & Dickie’s, 83
The interesting thing is, several high-end dishes are holding their breath just below the surface of the Top 10 list. Check it out:
11. Atomica pizza at Pizzeria Paradiso, 58
12. Lobster burger at Central Michel Richard, 46
13. Cowboy-cut bone-in ribeye at Ray’s the Steaks, 45
14. Shrimp and grits at Vidalia, 41
15. Spit-roasted goat at Komi, 41
With a coordinated campaign, any one of these dishes could easily sneak into the rarefied air of the Top 5. So what are you waiting for? Start canvassing for votes!
Photo by Darrow Montgomery