I scream, you scream, we all scream for…winter beers. You know the ones. Strong, dark, and sweet, just the way we like ’em. If you, too, are a winter seasonal fanatic, then you should plan on attending the Brickskeller‘s Winter Holidaze Extravaganzee nextWednesday.
What is usually a two-night affair (because of the sheer number of breweries that participate and the higher alcohol content of most of the pours) is going to be a one-night, no-holds-barred extravaganza where at least a dozen regional brewers bring their winter seasonals and stories to share. You can buy tickets, which cost $35, on the Brickskeller’s event page.
The line-up isn’t finalized yet, but below are some of the breweries that sent beers and brewers to last year’s event and are likely to return this year. We hope the final list will include beers from Flying Dog and Devils Backbone, whose breweries each won four medals at the Great American Beer Festival this year, as well as one of our local favorites, Bill Madden’s Mad Fox or Vintage 50 brews.
- Capitol City Brewing Company, DC & Shirlington, VA
- District Chop House & Brewery, DC
- Gordon Biersch, DC & Rockville, MD
- Rock Bottom Brewery, Balston, VA & Bethesda, MD
- Clipper City, Baltimore, MD
- DuClaw Brewing Company, MD (various locations)
- Dogfish Head, Milton, DE
- Troegs Brewing Company, Harrisburg, PA
- Starr Hill, Charlottesville, VA
- Sweetwater Tavern & Brewery, VA (various locations)